Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cold & Sleepy


"Good morning world" are the first words I say in the morning, is a new line but maybe not a better opening sentence than I used to say, I wanted to say it to you but I know you don't care for it so I just say it to everybody else
Brr... I just woke and it is so cold here, more cold than I'm used to in my own country, and I'm still so, so tired
After last nights post the train stopped like 25 minutes after in a some what deserted place, I can't read the name of it but I can tell that it doesn't have more than 100 houses and it is very close to a lake, it has many needle trees and some mountains but I will tell a little from last night
When I arrived here I immediately started to look for a hotel because I didn't want to stay in the open the first night but unfortunately there are no hotels here so I was in panic and was thinking that it might not was such a good idea to go away from my hotel but that didn't matter anymore when I had the idea of just stay inside the train station, it wasn't much but at least I had a roof above my head it just didn't have walls so the wind was cooling me down all night, and it was so cold, I know I'll never do it again
So when I "installed" myself I could lay warm in my sleeping bag and my bags around me for the cold wind, but than I met the worst thing of the night, do you know what lives in cold parts or Russia? It are wolves, grey wolves and the sounds they make, the sounds are so terrible, not like the crying when it is full moon, but something horrific, like they were eating a living prey and it didn't make me feel more save
All night I slept with one eye open, and a knife in my hand, not a big one, but I won't go down without a fight, luckily I'm a big guy (1,94cm/6"4) and I am not scared to fight but these wolves, they really make your spine tremble, so you can understand that I didn't sleep so well, but I hope I can sleep better tonight, maybe some locals have a spare room for the right price
Today I'll go have a look in this town, I think it's a little fishermen town based on the smell and the boats but I think it's quite nice, something authentic
Have a good day!!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment