Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Real Love



Today I spend the day in the town I posted about this morning, and it really was a nice day, like 20 minutes after I started to walk around many people started to talk to me, even the mayor :O but I didn't know why, they tried to tell it to me but of course I didn't understand any of the Russian they were talking to me till a guy my age (18) understood that I didn't speak Russian so luckily he could talk a little English and he started to talk about the town, he said that they don't see many foreign people so everybody wanted to see me, and I was getting a little shy and I really didn't liked it at the moment but they were comforting me so it was okay
So he told me that the village had around 200-210 people and they had 1 church, a primary school, a police station and the nearest hospital was 150 km away so it was better for me not to get seriously hurt but I wasn't planning to, so I asked him about the wolves I heard last night so he started to tell a story that I didn't quite understood, his English wasn't that good unfortunately but what I can make out of it is that when it is full moon (Tonight!) they come close to the village and eat the garbage from the people, at least the meat and leftovers
He wanted me to meet his family (his name was Vassily or something) so he let me meet his sister, his parents and his grandmother, and his grandmother was really a wonderful and special person, she showed me a letter, I tried to explain her that I couldn't read it but she was determined I would read it so I had it in my hands for 10 minutes and was nodding and doing ''Ohh'' till I thought she would believe me, so when she started to talk, Vassily translated it for me (as good as he could) she was talking about the second world war when her husband (back than they were both 19 and got married) had to leave to fight in the war and that she never saw him back, so the last time she saw him was 67 years ago and she still believes he will come back for her, the only thing she still has of him is the letter and a picture of him, she said she just loved him and after the war there were almost no guys because they all got killed, she said that she met him and 4 months later they were already married and I thought it was so sweet, she waits already so long and we all know that he isn't coming back but she still believes in it and I think that is the true meaning of love, no matter what happens, no matter how long it takes, you don't let true love walk away so after I told her that she was a sweet woman and that I think that he must have loved her a lot she had to cry a little but she gave me a hug and I think it was the most special moment (so far) of my travel to this country
I just had dinner here in the house of Vassily and the parents want me to stay the night so of course I didn't say no, just had to say no when they offered me Vodka because I don't drink, but tonight they invited me to come with them to the top of the village, they said there will be a beautiful view tonight so I'm already curious
But the grandmother is what I remember most of today, I think he was a really lucky man and if he is alive, I bet he still misses her in his heart, Real Love never dies

M

No comments:

Post a Comment